Recent Troubleshooting Tips
- How does temperature or engine type affect an electromagnetic clutch or brake?
- Why is my bearing making noise and what is brinelling, anyway?
- What is burnishing and why is it important?
- Should I oil my clutch?
- How to adjust the airgap on an industrial clutch.
- My clutch won't stay engaged when it gets hot
- I have a low hour failure and my clutch locked up. What happened?
- Heat is the enemy
- My clutch won't engage. What's up?
- My clutch won't engage. What is leadwire damage?
- Why is my pump clutch making noise?
- What is galling and where does it come from?
- Nothing changed in the application. Why am I having timing problems?
- Okay, so I don't have full voltage. What's the big deal?
Featured Troubleshooting Tip Video
How to correct an airgap that is too close
This 20 second snippet is from Ogura's full length troubleshooting online video. In this video segment, we show how to readjust an airgap on a mobile clutch and lawn and garden PTO clutch brake.
For mobile clutches, the cover may be bent, pushing on the armature.
The cover plate can be pried back, creating a proper airgap.
For PTO clutch brakes, the airgap may be too small.
Check the airgap with a feeler gauge and back off if necessary.