Recent Troubleshooting Tips
- How to correct an airgap that is too close
- How does temperature or engine type affect an electromagnetic clutch or brake?
- Why is my bearing making noise and what is brinelling, anyway?
- What is burnishing and why is it important?
- Should I oil my clutch?
- How to adjust the airgap on an industrial clutch.
- My clutch won't stay engaged when it gets hot
- I have a low hour failure and my clutch locked up. What happened?
- My clutch won't engage. What's up?
- My clutch won't engage. What is leadwire damage?
- Why is my pump clutch making noise?
- What is galling and where does it come from?
- Nothing changed in the application. Why am I having timing problems?
- Okay, so I don't have full voltage. What's the big deal?
Featured Troubleshooting Tip Video
Heat is the enemy
This snippet is from Ogura's full length troubleshooting online video. In this 10 second video segment, we show the various factors that can contribute to unwanted heat in a clutch or brake.
Heat is the enemy of a clutch or brake.
If the clutch or brake cannot dissipate the heat being generated, its ability to transmit torque degrades.