Recent Troubleshooting Tips
- How to correct an airgap that is too close
- How does temperature or engine type affect an electromagnetic clutch or brake?
- Why is my bearing making noise and what is brinelling, anyway?
- What is burnishing and why is it important?
- Should I oil my clutch?
- My clutch won't stay engaged when it gets hot
- I have a low hour failure and my clutch locked up. What happened?
- Heat is the enemy
- My clutch won't engage. What's up?
- My clutch won't engage. What is leadwire damage?
- Why is my pump clutch making noise?
- What is galling and where does it come from?
- Nothing changed in the application. Why am I having timing problems?
- Okay, so I don't have full voltage. What's the big deal?
Featured Troubleshooting Tip Video
How to adjust the airgap on an industrial clutch.
This snippet is from Ogura's full length troubleshooting online video. In this 20 second video segment, we show how to set a clutch armature that has become loose and is making noise.
If the noise is an intermittent scraping sound during rotation, it is possible that that the armature may be too close.
Back off and reset the air-gap.
Make sure that there is no damage on the armature causing it to be deflected towards the rotor.